Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hello? Anyone??

I am guessing no one is even reading this anymore but what the heck. I am alive. I have crawled out of my classroom long enough to say hello. It has been a crazy month or two or however long it has been. Worst. Blogger. EVER. My husband is not much better though, but perhaps he will be inspired.

Let's see what has been going on....well I got a job. I am a first grade teacher. Crazy, frustrating, wonderful, exhausting, overwhelming and just BA-NANAS in more ways than I ever could have imagined. My long distance marriage is working out pretty good and is helped by the fact that I spend 12 hours a day at school and then come home in time to pack my lunch and go to bed. The positive effects of this being I have lost 7 pounds. Yup, that's right people --3 months of two hour daily sessions at the gym and not a ounce lost, one month as a first grader teacher and the pounds have disappeared. I think I may have found the best weight loss program in America. And for all of those people who tell you teaching is the best career for moms. LIARS. All. Of. Them. I am not even a mom yet, but I know that my hypothetical child of the future will not appreciate the schedule I am currently keeping. Where was I? Oh yes, long distance marriage. So we are keeping the airlines in business and other than way too many flight delays, life is good.

TJ likes his job and I like mine and so we will just have to see what happens, but for the time being (or at least until the end of the school year) this is life for us. In the meantime, we are taking advantage of the traveling and will be making our second trip to Charlotte in November, a trip to NYC in October, a 7 day cruise for Thanksgiving, a trip to Philadelphia in January and something fun and exotic for our anniversary hopefully over spring break.

Life in Orlando is still all that I remember and I find myself smiling for no reason just driving home from work so that is a good thing. Now if I could find a way to get my husband here permanently we would be getting somewhere but this is the next best thing.

Hoping to be a more regular blogger...
She said

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff! Now let's get the he-said!

    Where's the cruise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! So great to see you back in the blogging world! And after my short stint as a teacher I can totally sympathize! But I think that after a couple of years you get into a yearly routine and then won't have to be working so much...hopefully. Post some stories about the kids, I can only imagine some of the things you hear!

    ReplyDelete